Monday, February 26, 2007

splashcast

In paris on Leweb3 I met Alex Williams of splashcast. A promising new site for user generated video content. At that time it was still in Beta. Of course I promised Alex to keep up with their developments on Splashcast.
I hounestly have to say it catched me in Paris, but was not yet convinced about the uniqueness of the site.
Since several weeks the site launched out of beta and are gaining users and the user-generated content. And I have to admit , it is a very cool enriching product.

To go short: The SplashCast service enables anyone to create streaming media ‘channels’ that combine video, music, photos, narration, text and RSS feeds. These user-generated channels can be played and easily syndicated on any web site, blog, or social network page. When channel owners modify their channel, their content is automatically updated across all the web pages ‘tuned’ to that channel.

And it looks really cool, Users can make their own slideshow and use video or text to let you enter their visual world and spread their message.

I can not find any info on the site about their growth in the last weeks, but I am sure it will grow rapidly. I will keep up with the site and let you know as soon as I find out!

Alex and your team , good luck to you! A cool web2.0 product!

No comments: