Thursday, March 15, 2007

cartoons and mytoons

Finally I got time to check the mytoons.com website. It went into beta this week. What will this bring to the joy of watching cartoons on the net. And don't we all love them.

When I reviewed the site I see a great design, with all the web2.0 elements involved. sharing, rating, tags etc. When I look at the content site, you see mostly animated amateur movies. The users need to have copyrights of the shared clips. Very cool ones I have to say. There is a lot of talent in this matter. Of course the question will be if and when users will upload copyrighted content from others or will it stay in this mode. I am curious how it will evolve in time.

As some may have seen on Swoot earlier, we have a cartoon browser. This became one of the most popular browsers over time. As I said, Everybody loves cartoons. In this browser we don't let users share their favourite cartoons on the swoot server, but just use the existing sites like You Tube or Daily motion. And we deeplink them in a very cool new environment. The most favourite button is the "random click" This will just take off with a cartoon and keeps on showing a new one....!












We will keep on making the cartoon browser better and more fun. Who knows in the future we will choose to change the concept and make deals with cartoon makers, tv stations or broadcasters directly. everything is possible!!

I hope in the meantime that the Mytoons.com site will bring even more funny cartoons and animations where viewers can experience cool and funny online time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I checked out mytoons and thought that their viewer worked really well. I use firefox and navigating the site was a breeze. I like that the site is free and lets you create a page like myspace to advertise yourself and your work. I am hoping it will be a good place to meet people and network.

Anonymous said...

i love this site--the player is awesome! even though i'm not an animator, i can spend hours on mytoons just watching really cool animations.

it's a must see, people. (if you like cartoons...)

Anonymous said...

wow, that site was totally worth my time!
great variety of toons, awesome player (better than you tube, actually), and cool site.
thanks for the info!